Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Masterson, Hoag & Smith, P.A Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Free Case Review

Who can bring a medical malpractice case in Florida?

Return to FAQ Videos


Under Florida law, a person injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or carelessness may have a claim for medical malpractice in Florida. Also, the spouse of the injured person may have a claim for the injuries to the spouse of being deprived of certain benefits. Those benefits include the loss of the person’s services, the loss of support and the loss of companionship. This is typically known as loss of consortium. Also, if a minor child is injured in the state of Florida, the parent or parents may have a claim for damages in addition to the child’s claim. A little bit more unusual, but we have seen in the past, that if a mentally disabled person suffers injuries as a result of negligence, the parent or legal guardian who is providing support to that person, may have a claim for damages.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Masterson, Hoag & Smith, P.A. would like to hear from you. Please be aware that we cannot represent you until we know that doing so will not create a conflict-of-interest. Accordingly, please do not mail us any information about any matter that may involve you until we have spoken or met and formalized an engagement.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation