Tampa Bay Legal Malpractice Lawyer
St. Petersburg Legal Malpractice Law Firm Helping Clients Throughout Tampa Bay
As lawyers, we have a duty to uphold the standards of our profession. To us, this means not only practicing with honesty and integrity according to the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct for attorneys, but also holding other lawyers accountable for their unreasonable or inexcusable failures to maintain the values and principles the public should expect from members of the legal profession. The Florida Bar may discipline attorneys for misconduct, but legal malpractice can cause real harm and actual damage to the client. The Tampa Bay legal malpractice lawyers at Masterson, Hoag & Smith help people in St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay who have been harmed by legal malpractice recover compensation for their economic loss and other legal damages. Let us restore your faith in the legal profession and see that you are made whole again.
Comprehensive Tampa Bay Legal Malpractice Client Representation
We can help you if you were harmed by failures on the part of your attorney, including any of the following:
- Incompetent advice or representation
- Unethical conduct
- Improper handling of matters because of lack of experience or knowledge of the law
- Failing to place the interests of the client above the personal interests of the lawyer
- Failing to inform the client when errors causing harm take place
- False advertising claim arising from misrepresentation of an attorney’s ability to handle specific types of claims
- Negligent case management
- Conflicts of interest the lawyer had with you or other clients
- Failure to keep you informed which damaged your case
- Breach of confidentiality
- Dishonesty with you, the court, or opposing counsel
- Commingling of your funds with personal or other client accounts
- Missing important deadlines
- Unreasonable or fraudulent billing practices, including overcharging, double billing, not performing work that was billed for, charging the senior attorney rate for a junior attorney’s work, racking up unreasonable fees or expenses, etc.
- Engaging in an improper relationship with you
Experienced Attorneys Who can Take on the Challenge of Proving Your Case
Legal malpractice cases can sometimes be difficult to prove. First, we have to prove that your lawyer acted in a way contrary to what a reasonably prudent attorney would have done in similar circumstances. Additionally, proving malpractice often requires proving that your case would have had a different outcome had the malpractice not occurred. As experienced trial attorneys with decades of experience handling legal matters in the Tampa Bay area, our legal team is well-versed in the acceptable norms for Florida attorneys and is equally capable in proving how malpractice affected the underlying case or subject of your representation.
Help is Available after Legal Malpractice in St. Petersburg or Tampa Bay
Not every bad outcome is a result of legal malpractice, and sometimes lawyers and clients simply have a misunderstanding over a billing issue or other matter. Schedule a consultation with our office for a no-cost review of your case. We will help you to understand whether malpractice may have occurred and if so, we will work diligently to resolve the matter and see that you are fairly compensated as appropriate. In St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay, call 727-896-3641 to schedule your free case review with the legal malpractice attorneys at Masterson, Hoag & Smith.